Friday, July 31, 2009

U2 Concert

Ted and I went to Berlin to see the U2 Concert, it was awsome! 80,000 people were there, that was by far the biggest stadium I've been in. We drove in with our friend Neils Jensen and met up with Jens and Susy for wurst and fries before the show. Snow Patrol opened, I was surprised that I knew some of their songs, not bad but definatley not U2. Finally, U2 came on and Ted and I enjoyed singing and dancing to our favorite songs. We even mastered the "air microphone" together. The stage was set up like a giant alien space ship. It looked dumb at first but by the time the band was hitting their crescendo in their performance the stage did some amazing things that totally looked like it might blast off. Bono said they built it so they could be closer to their fans and with the outer circle and moving bridges, I could understand their point. It was fun to hear how many songs the band had written in Berlin throughout their lives. The song 'Walk On' was dedicated (or written) for Aung San Suu Kyi, I thought it was great that the band uses their influence to try to make the world a better place. Check out this you tube link below. I don't know in what way U2 or even myself can make a difference in this lady's life but learning about it and supporting it is better than ignoring it. I am very glad to have been born into a democratic world but know that many other do not share the same freedom that I take for granted. That night we spent at Jens and Susy's home along with their very rambuncuous dogs. It was a great weekend and the girls loved hanging out with Neeti.


http://360.u2.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMPjLfJNliA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amnesty.org%2Fen%2Fappeals-for-action%2Fdaw-aung-san-suu-kyi-and-myanmars-political-prisoners&feature=player_embedded


No comments: