



New Years day we took the train into Munich. Most things being closed for the holiday we mostly enjoyed our time walking around the main city square-Marienplatz, found the famous beer hall Hofbrauhaus, and wandered into a beautiful Roman Cathedral that had some kind of service going on for the New Year. It was interesting to see the formality of the ceremony that involved incense and some church people in very fancy robes. The main guy began giving his sermon (in German of coarse) and I realized how completley foreign all things were in this church from what I am used to. I am often struck with the realization that people all over the world are dealing with day to day issues just like I am; waking up, feeding the family, heading to school or work, enjoying some time together in the evening before heading to bed. It's amazing to think that some people do this with the walls of Rothenburg in the back ground or spend their sunday's at the Roman Catholic church in Munich. To them this is the norm and a life in the very mormon suburb's of Utah would seem very foreign.
No comments:
Post a Comment