I've seen travel shows on touring the Amalfi coast but never imagined myself being there. It was awesome! There was over a solid hour of extreme switch backs as we worked our way around the mountains bordering the Italy's Mediterranean coastline. Our destination: Villa Penelope in Praino. Thanks to SummerinItaly.com I was able to find a fabulous home to stay in as we explored the Amalfi region. This was the view from our window. I can't believe people live like this! I'm sure I would be as laid back as the Italians if this is what I woke up to every single day. Praino had a beautiful church that made the vista's landscape even that much more compelling. We spent one afternoon enjoying the sound of the waves and exploring the coast. Aubrie and Kaitlan made a terrific "museum tour" for us to see all the cool "artifacts" that they had found. It was highly entertaining to see their imaginations at work and marvel at how excited they could get over snail shells and old water bottles. Even though it was the middle of February it felt fantastic to be outside and enjoying the rays at the beach. I could have taken a whole month of doing nothing but watch and listen the waves crash against the boulders surrounding us and observing the occasional boat glide across the blue horizon.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Italy trip- the Amalfi Coast
I've seen travel shows on touring the Amalfi coast but never imagined myself being there. It was awesome! There was over a solid hour of extreme switch backs as we worked our way around the mountains bordering the Italy's Mediterranean coastline. Our destination: Villa Penelope in Praino. Thanks to SummerinItaly.com I was able to find a fabulous home to stay in as we explored the Amalfi region. This was the view from our window. I can't believe people live like this! I'm sure I would be as laid back as the Italians if this is what I woke up to every single day. Praino had a beautiful church that made the vista's landscape even that much more compelling. We spent one afternoon enjoying the sound of the waves and exploring the coast. Aubrie and Kaitlan made a terrific "museum tour" for us to see all the cool "artifacts" that they had found. It was highly entertaining to see their imaginations at work and marvel at how excited they could get over snail shells and old water bottles. Even though it was the middle of February it felt fantastic to be outside and enjoying the rays at the beach. I could have taken a whole month of doing nothing but watch and listen the waves crash against the boulders surrounding us and observing the occasional boat glide across the blue horizon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment