Friday, October 8, 2010

Utah

July 22-Aug 16th we headed to Utah to enjoy spending some time with our family and friends from back home.  We didn't have a camera so we don't have so many pictures to show.  The girls and I flew in without Dad and had to spend a night in New York since we had missed our connecting flight.  We got to Utah just in time for Pioneer Day.  The girls enjoyed seeing the Bountiful parade with cousins while I spent some well needed time away from them and with my brother and sister.  A few days later I picked up Ted at the airport, we hadn't told his family that he was coming and his mom and sister were so surprised they were jumping up and down.  The surprise to my family that I was pregnant did not have the same affect.  They just wondered if I ate too much Swiss fondue untill I made the announcement, like an elephant in the room.  Funny really.  We filled up every day of our vacation spending time with our family and friends including: Amber and Curtis Edelman, Brad Johnson, John and Rieneke Holman, Greg and Lee Garff, Connie Olsen and her 2 boys, Susanne, Ben and Lisa, Lynda and Andy Olsen (fun game night), Reed and Tina Parkin and boys, Jill and Steve Burton, Mary and John Johnson and girls, Jackie and Jodi Rees, Johnna Grygla, Tarah Hargis, Cindy, Sammi and Adam Sarraj, Grandma and Grandpa Condie, Mom and Gill...

It was great to catch up with everyone and we were able to enjoy some great Utah/American food along the way.

For one week we headed down to Leeds to see Dad, Janice and Angie.  We had so much fun fishing at our favorite fishing hole!  We also saw a play (Cats) at the Tuacan Theater (incredible), enjoyed a midmorning hike in the desert (middle of the day temperatures were well over 100), ate at a steak house and saw Toy Story 3 afterwords, and the girls had a blast at Pirate Pizza while Ted and I enjoyed our anniversary at Eden's Keep (made to look like a red rock grotto).  Here's some great fishing pics:


Aubrie was so excited that she caught this fish, as soon as she reeled it in she came running full speed for me to see it!
Kaitlan reeled this small one in and we managed a fast pic before letting it go.

Kaitlan helped her Grandpa reel this one in.

Even Angie had a great time.

The girls love to fish with their Grandpa!

No comments: